Friday, January 05, 2007

Holidays are over and life goes on.

It's great to have one time of the year to which you can look forward no matter what else is going on in the world. I know there are some who would castigate those who celebrate Christmas because it has ties to old pagan rituals or Catholic ties but I have to say, I'm glad it is not so with me and my family. It is nice to have a time of year in which you can focus on a celebration that has so much meaning. Christ's birth is the biggest thing that has happened in the history of mankind and I think it is appropriate to celebrate.

I'm not big on shopping but I don't even mind that during Christmas. The thing I enjoyed the most this year is that Christmas was a time to put my problems down and just enjoy time with family and friends.

As the new year begins, I have a few things I would like to see happen. I would like to see me loose some weight. The only problem is that I have to do something about it and that's a real bummer. Time will tell on that one. Also, I would like to be consistent in how I am able to home school over the next few years. So I hope that I choose the best curriculum.

Looking back at last year, (looking back is not something I do a lot) I can see that the Lord had his hand on life situations. I am amazed that he cares so much for each of us. I'm not always the best at bringing all my cares to Him and yet He knows them and He knows my heart. (And He loves me anyway, amazing.)

The most exciting thing about last year was the graduation of my oldest daugher, Frank. (A pseudonym--I really wouldn't name a girl Frank, but her friends would.) I was very excited for her as she entered a new phase of her life. She will always be our girl but we are happy to see her grow and mature. We are blessed in that she has found a school that she loves and is happy attending.

I don't know if anyone will really read this blog, besides Frank, and really I don't care. It's probably the only journal I will ever keep in my life. Since I'm such a computer junkie, it's a way for me to write things down in a somewhat regular way. Maybe someone will stumble upon it and find it amusing.

HAVE A WONDERFUL 2007!

1 comment:

VJ said...

Hi,

I just stumbled onto your blog through a homeschool search. I, too, am a Christian, homeschooling mom. As I read about your mom not being certain of your decision, I could resonate with you. My parents were also apprehensive, not so much of my abilites, but rather my son's socialization. After spending some time with us, they quickly discovered that he is very socialized. Keep up the good work and God bless.

Feel free to drop by my blog.